Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Attack of the Popcorn Maker


So, a few weeks ago (before the Season of Savings began), I bought myself a popcorn maker. Remember?



I was pretty excited about it. And it definitely works. It’s just a bit aggressive.

See, it starts off nice:


But then it gets a little "excited"


Those are tiny little hot burning kernel bullets it’s shooting out at me.

Then it starts to shoot out popcorn like it’s supposed to.
  
But THEN it will shoot out kernels as they are about to pop. So they go to the bottom of the bowl and explode, shooting popcorn everywhere



By the end of it, some popcorn manages to end up in the bowl. But there’s a fair amount of pieces of popcorn and kernels scattered throughout my kitchen.



I know what it’s really thinking.

 
Sigh. Least the popcorn is still delicious.

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!!
    My toaster shoots the bread about six inches up in the air!
    And, is it a coincidence that boyfriends eyepatch picture lines up with yours? ( over there, i mean>>>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's a weird coincidence. And my toaster frightens me. Every. Single. Day.

      Delete
  2. I remember having one of those when I was a kid. If the popcorn wasn't flying everywhere, it was spilling out of the bowl because I poured too much in.

    I've heard you can pop popcorn in the microwave by putting some in a brown paper bag, but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read my story about the fight I had with my coffee maker, right? Kitchen appliances are ASSHOLES!

    (And I really want popcorn now. THANKS GIA! >:( )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're fancy with your popcorn. I make mine in a pot on the stove like some kind of pioneer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I think I have a solution, how about we get a few (approximately 11) other bloggers, break into a movie theater after closing, and abscond with their popcorn maker? Gia's 11! At the end we'd all wear cool suits (go with me on this) and eat popcorn, authentic movie popcorn, by the fist-full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing! This one was hysterical. His facial expressions were so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popcorn. So now you've ALSO blown your budget for dental floss.
    Even I know the microwave popcorn is gross. I've worked in offices that had a rule against it, and rightly so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it got going on its fastest setting, my old blender would actually push the liquid out of the top and force the lid right out, creating a smoothie volcano all over my counter. What I'm saying is that according to the other comments you are not alone. Our kitchen appliances hate us.

    ReplyDelete